Kolhapuri Chicken traces its origin to Kolhapur in Maharashtra . it has rich , distinct and delectable array of flavor . From aroma to the consistency of the curry ,this dish is worth a try . So lets get started with the recipe
• Mix turmeric powder, red chilies, garlic and ginger paste, salt, and lime juice with chicken. The marinade is ready. Leave aside for at least half an hour.
• Preparation of Kolhapur Masala:
• 1.Heat oil in pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, jaiphal crushed black pepper and chopped onions. Sauté till onions turn translucent.
• 2.Add grated coconut. Saute till coconut color changes.
• Add poppy seeds and sesame seed saute for next 2 to 3 minutes
• 3.Add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Cool and puree the mix in a blender.
• 1.Heat oil and add the marinated chicken to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes on medium low fire. Stir regularly.
• 2.Add Kolhapur paste and simmer on low flame for another 10 minutes.
• 3. Add 50gm green coriander
• 4.Kolhapur chicken is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
• 5.Serve hot with rice.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST OFFERS