This Independence Day, presenting an egg-topped palak chicken fried rice that is delightfully presented in the shape of our national bird, in tricolor.
a.Palak chicken fried rice:
1. Prepare a paste of ginger,garlic, coriander leaves and green chillies
2.Wash and soak rice in water for 30 min.
3. Heat a kadai ,add ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins and set aside.
4. Saute crushed cloves and cinnamon in the same kadai.
5.Add onion and saute till it turns light brown in colour.
6. To this add the ginger- garlic- coriander- green chilli paste and fry for a while.Add the vegetables and stir for 5 mins/ till tender.
7. Drain the soaked rice and add to the above and fry for 2 min.
8. Add the palak puree and stir for 5 min.
9.Transfer the entire contents to a pressure cooker and add 4 cups of boiled water to pressure cook till 3 whistles are heard.
10. Simultaneously ,cut the boneless chicken into small pieces ,add salt and black pepper powder and cook this in another kadai and simmer with palak puree.
11.Add the above to the cooked palak-vegetable- rice.
1. Cut boiled eggs vertically and add chopped carrots on top of the yolk.
2. Place it on the feathers.
1. Blend bread and tofu along with curacao syrup to get the desired colour and shape the body.
2.Dip poha in curacao syrup and top the body.
3. Prepare 3 carrot sticks and use 3 pomegranate pearls for the crown.
4. Cut out a piece of tomato into a beak shape.
5.Spot the eyes using a black raisin .
6. Make the border underneath using black raisins.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST OFFERS