Chilli Egg is one such recipe that I cook often especially on weekends to enjoy with chinese fried rice. The tangy taste of this makes it unique and tasty.
- Make a sauce mixture by mixing tomato sauce,chilli sauce, soy sauce, half a cup of water and cornflour in a bowl and keep aside.
-In another bowl, beat eggs with salt till fluffy.
- Grease one stainless steel tiffin box with oil .
- Pour the egg mixture and cover it with a lid. In a pan, add water ( less than half of the tiffin box) and put the tiffin box in water and bring it to boil for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
- Now cut the cooked egg into square pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add egg pieces and fry till light golden. Take them out.
- In the same oil add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for few seconds. Now add onion, chillies, red and yellow bell pepper and capsicum and fry for few minutes.
- Add salt. Add fried egg pieces.
-Cook for few minutes.
- Lastly add the sauce mixture. Mix well.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion .
- Serve hot with fried rice.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST OFFERS