CASHEW CHICKEN is a dish where chicken is cooked in cashew nut paste to give a nice smooth silky gravy. . Cashew Chicken is filled with lovely flavours. This is a very simple dish. Tender moist chicken topped with a rich creamy cashew nut paste taste delicious when served with lemon zest and lemon leaves . It gives a nice refreshing taste and aroma.
1) Soak cashew nuts in milk overnight.
2)Next day make a smooth paste.
3)Wash and clean chicken pieces thoroughly.
4) Drain out excess water.
5) In a bowl, add chicken pieces, lemon juice, 1 tsp white pepper powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
6) Marinade for 20 minutes.
7) Heat oil in a pan.
8) Add ginger+garlic paste and onion paste.
9) Saute for few seconds till raw flavour goes off.
10) Add chicken pieces.
11) Lastly add cashew nut paste, white pepper powder, green chillies and salt. Mix Well.
12) Cover and cook over a low flame till chicken becomes tender.
13) Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
14) Cook for 2 minutes.
15) Put lemon zest and cover it for 5 minutes.
16) Garnish with lemon leaves .
17) Serve hot with rice or pulao.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST OFFERS